Please note that online appointment booking is currently disabled except for phlebotomy (blood-taking) appointments with the Healthcare Assistant. Please do not book the Healthcare Assistant appointments for anything other than a blood test that you have been requested to book by the surgery.
For all other appointments, please call Reception.
Online Appointment Management
To use our online facilities you must first register by completing a form available here and at Reception.
Please take the time to read the information below which we hope will assist you:
If you call the surgery to book, you will be offered the first available appointment with your preferred doctor and/or the first available appointment with any doctor. In order to improve the services we offer to our patients, and as a result of patient feedback, we have decided to make it possible for you to book some types of Healthcare Assistant appointments online in addition to GP appointments.
We ask that you do not book appointments with the GPs for things that can and should be done by the nursing team, such as cervical smears, blood pressure checks, hypertension or other annual reviews such as diabetes or asthma. With appointments in such high demand it is not the best use of GP time, so we thank you for your understanding and co-operation.
Health Care Assistant appointments available to book online:
- B12 injections
- Pneumonia injections
- Wound dressings
- Stitch removal
- Hypertension annual reviews
- Blood pressure checks
- Ear syringing (see here for further information)
- CHD (Coronary heart disease) annual reviews (if you have received a text or letter)
- NHS Health checks (if you have received a text or letter, these are strictly by invitation only)
- New Patient checks
- ECG (only if a doctor has advised that you need this) – can only be done on Tues am or Thurs am
- You must enter the reason for your appointment so that we can identify anything that may have been inappropriately booked, and rearrange if necessary.
- Please note that you should not book appointments for asthma reviews, diabetic reviews, spirometry tests or Doppler tests, as these either need to be in specialist clinics at set times, or may need appointments of varying lengths of time.
In order to utilise our nurse appointments to the maximum, if you call to book for a cervical smear, ear syringing, contraceptive pill review or dressings you may in the first instance be offered an appointment at the Extended Access clinic where appointments are available between 4pm - 8pm on weekdays and 8am - 12.30pm at weekends. This frees up the nurse time for more complex issues such as management of long-term conditions such as asthma, diabetes, COPD and heart/stroke.
Please do not book appointments with the nurse for blood tests. Click here for information on arranging a blood test.
Thank you for your co-operation.
If you have already registered for our online services you can book and manage your appointments online here.
Booking an Appointment
We book appointments up to 2 months in advance and offer early morning appointments and telephone appointments between 7.00 and 8.00am some days in addition to the usual morning and afternoon surgeries. We also offer appointments in the Extended Access clinic on the ground floor of the building between 4.00pm and 8.00pm on weekdays and 8am and 12.30pm at weekends, these appointments can only be booked via Reception.
- It would be very helpful if you could avoid phoning for routine appointments during the early morning rush. The best time is after 10am.
- Your co-operation with the receptionists is requested as our appointments do become booked up very quickly. They are doing their best to make the surgery run smoothly for both doctors and patients.
- If you cannot keep an appointment please let us know, so it can be reallocated.
- If you don’t know exactly who you need to see then please ask the receptionists.
Please be prepared to tell the receptionist brief details of your condition if you have a medically urgent problem. This allows the receptionist to help find you the quickest care which may be a same day appointment or a telephone call from the doctor.
If you would like a chaperone to be present in the room during your appointment or examination with the doctor or nurse then please let the Receptionist know when you arrive and we will arrange this for you.
Many problems can actually be dealt with safely and efficiently over the phone, saving you a trip to the surgery, and freeing appointments for those who do need to be seen.
See here for more details.